Students for the Drilling and Wells Completion department
The Drilling & Wells Completion department is looking for two Master’s degree students. One will be working in the Toutatis exploration well team, and one in the Dvalin drilling and completions team. The goal for these positions is to develop into a cooperation on the master thesis for each intern.
The internship period is 01.06.19 – 15.08.18 (flexible start and end dates - summer holiday to be agreed).
- Torque, drag, hydraulics and casing design verification / validation
- Import of offset data to IDS - QAQC of data
- Detailed well sequencing planning
- Sensitivity analysis using P1 software
- Simplification of SPS drawings
- Offset analysis cementing
- Specialization in Drilling and Wells engineering
- Computer literacy
- Communication & presentation skills
- Computer/application program skills
Please mark your application with DRILLING AND WELLS
Students for Exploration department
The annual APA licensing round provides oil & gas companies with an opportunity to apply for exploration acreage in mature areas of the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The period before the application deadline is a busy time in most operating companies due to the extra work associated with application writing and figure drafting.
DEA Norge are therefore looking for one or two current (or recently graduated) MSc / PhD students to join us for a period of 6 – 9 weeks in summer 2019 in order to provide additional technical support during this busy period. We are flexible on start and end dates - summer holiday to be agreed.
This will be an ideal opportunity for students wishing to gain hands on experience in an operating company, as well as learning more about the license round system in Norway.
- Mapping of key horizons
- Helping to identify additional leads and prospects
- Contributing text and figures for the application documents.
The technical work will primarily be carried out using Petrel, but there may also be opportunities to use several other industry standard software packages as part of this assignment.
- A background in geology or geophysics, including some petroleum geoscience courses at postgraduate level.
- Previous experience of 3D seismic interpretation is essential
- Knowledge of Petrel would be highly advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of common methods used for volume calculation and/or experience in geostatistics would also be an advantage.
Please mark your application with EXPLORATION.
Fluent written and spoken English is required for all positions.
DEA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Submit your application by February 28, 2019.